Sunday, January 28, 2024

New Drum Day: 1960's Kent snare drum

I hadn't planned on getting another snare drum.

I already had two snare drums for use with my mini-kit, and a couple of marching snare drums that I'd planned on keeping for fun. I certainly didn't need this drum. 

But it was simple, lightweight and vintage -- and it came with a padded case, which I knew I'd need for gigging with the mini-kit. The total cost was a steal, and if I didn't likle the drum I could sell it for more than I'd paid.

I'm not sure I'll sell it, though. 

It's a lovely snare drum, with a wood shell, stick chopper rims, and single tension. The seller told me it was a Kent, a decent budget brand of its time, though the soundhole badge had been removed.
I paid less than a hundred bucks for it and once I tuned it up it sounded fine. I'll hang out with it for awhile and see what I think in a month or so.






No comments:

Post a Comment