Monday, January 29, 2024

Little Bitty Drumkit: complete, mostly.

I put it all together today.

The Suitcase kick from Side Show Drums is really quite nice for the money. I chose to drill a few more holes and add a port for a cymbal arm, and while it works, I’m going to add a flange inside on the bottom to give the arm more stability. I’ll need that stability when I swap out the placeholder cymbal and add a heavier ride cymbal.

With no padding inside, the drum sounds great. They’ve thought about the material the suitcase is made of and set it up accordingly with nothing more than a small sound port. 

Here’s the setup for now. Depending on what my needs are, I may set that splash up with a clamp off the hi hat stand as a mini crash cymbal after I get the ride cymbal.







No comments:

Post a Comment