Friday, May 10, 2024

Vintage Corner: CB Percussion brass snare drum, late 1980s

I got this drum last year, when I fell down the CB700 rabbit hole and found this online for a good price. It arrived, I found an old bag to fit the drum and stored it away, promising myself I’d get around to cleaning it up.

Inspired tonight by a conversation with a fellow CB700 enthusiast, I finally pulled it out, cleaned it up a little and adjusted the snares. Then I swapped in a newer used head, and set it up at my little drum kit.

The result? This thing is a firecracker. Sweetie told me it was a little loud for the house, even behind the soundproofed studio door. I’m hoping that was just an observation for tonight, and not for all time. I like this drum a lot, and hope to use it more often. I might even tune it a little higher.






No comments:

Post a Comment