Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Drumslinger pad, repaired

I asked Bill at Drumslinger Percussion if he could repair my Marching pad. (If you remember, the bottom panel was damaged when it hit the floor. I tried to stabilize it from further damage but was never able to tune it properly afterwards.)

Bill told me to send him the pad and he would make it good again. He said he’d reuse whatever he could and make a new bottom platform. I told him to use whatever color he liked, to make it easier to fit in his production schedule. We agreed on the cost and away it went.

It came back today. 

And wow. It’s fabulous.

He kept it simple and tasteful, and reused the upper platform, rim and hardware.

I carefully put it in the stand, tightened the basket, and oohed and ahhed. It’s really beautiful in its simplicity.




















And the feel? Delicious. 

I’m happy to report that Drumslinger is still a going concern.

If you want to buy a Drumslinger but don’t want a long wait, Bill is offering several ready-made pads on the Drumslinger home page that you can buy right now.

Thank you, Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment