Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Vintage corner: Fibes 3S marching sticks, 1978.

Another find in my quest to regain Sticks I Played In High School.

All you need to know is that they’re beasts. Gigantic. Impossible to hold in my smaller hands for long periods of playing. Capable of denting cheap rims and punching holes through brand new heads. 

And yet, compelling enough that I wanted to find another set. 


A tip nearly as big as my thumb.
Ridiculous.

As you can see, this stick fills my hand. 
And then some.

I’ve been on a roll with sticks lately, thanks to some influence from the guys over at the Boutique and Collectible Drumsticks FB Group. There are multiple ways in which my limited funds could be spent foolishly, were I to go all the way down the rabbit hole. So I’ve had to focus.
I’ve decided that, rather than spend a hundred dollars or m on customs sticks, I’d focus my attention on actual Pad sticks, and occasionally on sticks I once had and would like to obtain again — though most of the latter would now be considered “vintage.”
Just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment