Tuesday, June 16, 2020

pad review: Drumslinger marching pad, 10" - part one

Before I snagged my RCP pad, I was waiting on delivery of a Drumslinger marching pad that I bought used online a few weeks ago (the seller was very slow to ship).

(Drumslinger pads have been made in a small home workshop in Texas, one at a time to suit, for several years. I have not provided a link because the future of the company is unknown at this time. I hope to have some more info when I'm ready to post part two of this review.)

It arrived today, and I immediately put it in a stand and tarted playing it.

The only detail I'll make note of today is that the hex bolts used for tuning are SAE, rather than the ubiquitous Metric that is now standard on almost everything in the world. Thankfully, I own an SAE hex set and was able to tighten things up a bit. (The bolts were only finger-tight when the pad arrived.)

I like the clarity of the sound. This is a pad that will immediately tell you if you're playing accurately.
The feel is a little tight and tiring, but that may be me and not the pad, so I'll hold off on passing any judgment on that aspect just yet.

Here's a quick video I made this afternoon. I'll take a much closer look at the pad tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment