The Carmen Pad arrived this week. After oohing and ahhing over it with my Sweetie, I chopped on it for a good half hour and thoroughly enjoyed the response.
However, I decided that the pad was a little light in weight and would benefit from some help.
So I carefully coated the wood base and bamboo rim with wood hardener and set it in the sun to dry. After that, I added a ring of neoprene mute material on bottom to give it a nonskid surface and a few more ounces of weight. The last thing I may do is to seal the gap between the rim and base with a thin line of wood filler, let dry and sand smooth. I’ve shared all of my plans with Anthony and told him that as he makes more pads, he’ll figure out how he wants them to appear and feel even more finished. He was encouraged and thanked me for my suggestions.
Anthony is making more pads and each batch is nicer than the last.
If you want one, reach out to him at the Facebook Drum Pad History Group.



No comments:
Post a Comment