Sunday, December 27, 2020

Cappella returns: sticks and maybe (hopefully!) pads, too.

So a few weeks ago I signed up to receive emails from the Cappella Drum Company, as they had announced plans to restart stick manufacture. A few days ago, I received an email from CJ Cappella, whose grandfather started the company.  As before, Cappella will focus primarily on custom drum sticks. To that end they’re asking everyone on their email list to respond with type of sticks and desired quantities.
I had asked about practice pads, because I’ve long been a fan of their “Rite Touch" model with the lively blue rubber surface; it’s perfect for the Mylar crowd.
I asked about the possibility of bringing back some of their old pad models, like this 12-inch model (made of the same blue rubber as the mini-pads previously discussed in this group).
I hope I’ll get a positive response. Stay tuned.
And if you'd like to get your name on the email list, drop a line to: cjacappella@yahoo.com
#Cappelladrumpads

(Photos and video: 12" Cappella "Touch-Rite" pad. Blue rubber playing surface feels very much like the much-loived first-generation Real Feel tan pad. This one lost its sticker years ago. If I can obtain another I may try and replace it, just for fun. Cappella was never really known for anything besides their sticks, which had a devoted following; but I'm a fan of this pad and its mini-sized version as well.)




BONUS:
Just to see who actually reads these posts to the end, I am offering a Pad Collectors' Special: The first two people who contact me at http://beth-hamon-music.com/contact will win a FREE, NOS Cappella mini (4-inch) "Rite-Touch" pad (see photo below) to add to their practice pad collection. This is the miniature version of my big pad above, and it feels great. Nice to toss in a backpack for a little chopping-on-the-go, or to keep in the bag as an original from the Cappella archives.
(If you miss out, I will have four more pads available after that for $12 including shipping, so let me know if you want to buy one.)
Cheers, and happy drumming!




No comments:

Post a Comment