Monday, May 6, 2019

Xymox Pad: addendum

The morning after I took delivery on the new pad, I decided to try and see what was going on with the snare mechanism; one of the nuts wouldn't tighten down all the way.
Upon closer examination, I discovered that it was not the alloy nut, but the steel bolt that had stripped threads. I took some photos and sent them to Xymox.
The reply cam quickly. They wanted to "recall" my pad and do an in-house repair. They said turnaround would take 1-2 days once they got the pad, and they offered to pay for shipping both ways.
I emailed back asking how they would reimburse me for shipping. I asked for a call tag.
I haven't heard back.
I asked folks on a marching percussion group I'm part of.
The overwhelming majority of respondents advised me to keep the pad because returning it might mean not having a pad for months; their response to such things is inconsistent-to-awful.
I'm waiting for a response to my questions about shipping. If I don't hear back within the week, then I'll skip it and apply a little blue Loctite to the threads so the nut won't fall off. The snare mechanism seems to do its job, I got the pad on a half-price sale weekend, and I'm fine with all of it.
What I'm really waiting for is the mini-pad I ordered two months later, meaning I should see it by July. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment