Saturday, June 27, 2020

One Drummer Chopping: more adventures with the Drumslinger pad

Today I needed to give Sweetie some space in the house (it's a little house, even for just the two of us), so I took the Drumslinger pad out by the shed and chopped a bit.

After warming up, I managed to get up to speed with a favorite exercise.

 

I appreciate this pad the more I use it. It's definitely not a pad where I can hide my weaknesses, and for what I want to accomplish these days that's a good thing.

I'm glad I got this one used, because the word is that Drumslinger is having an increasingly difficult time delivering pads in a timely manner.  In fact, based on communications from both Drumslinger and from Rudimental Drumming, both companies produce pads of similar design and construction. It's possible that I may want to try the RD pad, but for now I'm content with this find and wil hang out with it awhile, while I try to improve my left hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment