Friday, March 1, 2024

UPDATE: FM Dynamics practice pads -- DEMO VID

I've received both the earlier and later versions of the FMD pad, and created a short demo video so you can hear and see the differences and similarities between them.

The red pad is the older and possible prototype. However, there's no way for me to verify other than the seller's word. This pad looks A LOT like many, many other pads manufactured between 1950 and 1970 under different labels, so it's impossible for me to know. Still, it does fall in line with the design goals outline by Mr. Fornaszewski's son, Stan.

The pink pad is NOS from the Fornaszewski Music shop, and is among the last of the last crop of pads made by John Fornaszewski himself. (I got the pink pad because it was priced lower than the other colors available.) Construction on this pad is solid, and the rubber a touch harder than on the prototype. Both pads function as advertised, and I think they acheive the stated goal pretty well. They are NOT, however, going to make a splash among the Kevlar generation and that's probably why they're being sold on closeout now.

Still, I'm happy to have them in my collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment